A membership to the Indianapolis Ski Club is required to participate in any club trip and allows the privilege of participating in all club functions which include:
- Ski Trips: The club offers approximately 6 ski/travel trips from January - April of each year
- Social Activities: Socials include Happy Hours at various restaurants/bars locally, bike rides in season, and various interest group activities.
- Club Meetings (August – April) open to all members and guests (for a nominal fee)
- Club Newsletter: The Schussboomer, will be sent to all club members informing them of upcoming trips, social events, and other activities and reporting on the trips that have been taken.
- Specific Discounts for merchandise or travel options may be offered to club members from time to time.
A membership to the Indianapolis Ski Club also offers reciprocity to participate in other trips of Midwest ski clubs who are a member of the Ski Councils that we belong to. For more information on these councils and their clubs, check out The Ohio Valley Ski Council (OVSC)
and The Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (CMSC)
Membership is renewable annually and is due by May 31 of each year. Acceptance of membership is dependent upon the Board of Directors approval.
Membership types and annual dues are as follows:
- Individual – Dues $25. For persons over 21 who desire eligibility for themselves and their children under the age of 21.
- Family – Dues $40. For a household unit of two adults residing at the same address, who desire eligibility for themselves and their children under the age of 21.
- Associate – An associate is not a member of the Indianapolis Ski Club but has an active membership in one of our councils’ clubs and desires eligibility to participate in one of our club trips. Proof of membership in the council club must be presented.
For existing members, the renewal cycle begins May 1 of the year your membership expires. At that time you will receive an email which will provide a link for you to renew. When clicking the link it will ask you to sign in and take you through the renewal process. There will also be a Renew Now link in your login panel and a Renew link on your Profile screen. Note that it is not possible to initiate a renewal on your own prior to May 1.
If you don't renew your membership, a second and a third reminder will be emailed to you, Renew by May 31 so your membership is active member in time for trips signup!